Is the Ragdoll cat is right for you?
If you are thinking to get pedigree cat then you should know all about Ragdoll Cat Breed information, Amazing facts and health care of ragdoll cat. In this article you’ll get to know about the personality, grooming tips, diet, coat and discover if Ragdoll cat is right for you or not.
Ragdoll is originated in 1960 by Lt. Anne Baker of Riverside, California. The origin of a Ragdoll cat is surrounded by mysteries, tall tales, conjecture, and plain old fiction. This cat came into existence and after a few generations, ragdoll cats were officially registered in 1966. A few decades later this breed was registered in Cat fanciers association.
According to the 2017 Cat fanciers association, the Ragdoll cat is second in exotic in popularity. Ragdoll’s has won the CFA championship in February 2000. The Ragdoll has earned a place in the spotlight as well as a place in the people heart.
Personality Ragdoll Cat
- Ragdoll cat is well behaved, gentle, sociable. The
- curiosity of Ragdoll towards other people is so intense and
- socializing, they did not protest to being taken away by somebody else than
- their master. They are playful but not overactive. Ragdoll can adapt to any
- environment easily. These cat breeds will build a very strong bond with their
- masters, they will follow their master whenever they go around the house.
- Ragdoll cat is the best indoor companion and the best
- match for people who want a relaxed cat. They enjoy spending time on the couch
- or in a cat bed whenever the family is away. Ragdoll is laid back and relaxed
- most of the time.
- They have independent personalities, they do not require
- constant attention in a daily schedule. Read more.
Overview of Ragdoll Cat
- Grooming requirement
- Need for attention
- Relationship with the owner
Some amazing facts of Ragdoll cat
- Ragdoll eye may come in different colors and shapes. Many of them have blue color eyes but not all pure breeds do not have to have blue color eyes.
- They have independent personalities, they do not require constant attention in a daily schedule.
- Ragdoll kittens are born pure white. It takes at least two weeks to develop a color pattern.
- They have a slow maturating process. They mature in 4 years of age.
- Ragdoll is one of the longest living cat breeds.
There is some genetic health problem. The problem that may affect ragdoll include the following:
- High risk of bladder stone.
- Feline mucopolysaccharidosis (it is a disease which causes eye, joints).
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (it is a type of heart disease).
- Feline infectious peritonitis. Read also.
Grooming of Ragdoll Cat
Ragdoll cat has moderate fur. These cats come in various colors like van, matted, shaded, smoke as well as bi-color. It has thick fur so grooming is necessary otherwise fur becomes dirty. However, you do not have to worry about grooming. It is a very simple and easy process just you have to follow schedule and procedure. Read more.
Brushing of the coat is necessary to prevent shedding, matting, and hairball. Always use a wide-toothed steel brush. Two to three times in a week brushing is necessary. Matted cat has thick fur so never place a matted cat in water for bathing because it makes things worse and you no choice rather than shave off the coat of your cat. You can use coat tonic for a cat. I prefer cat star tonic there is a link: Cat star.
Nail trimming is necessary to avoid scratches. When you observe the nail then you find a pink patch. This patch indicates the nerve endings of a cat. So you have to avoid these pink patches and trim or cut slightly above it. If you are not comfortable, contact your veterinary doctor or a professional groomer for trimming nails.
First of all, the tool you required for bathing your cat is cat shampoo, ear cleaner, hair detangler, brush, and some cotton balls. Always use lukewarm water for and use suitable shampoo. Once you work throughout the coat then brush your cat’s fur and clean the ears with the help of ear cleaner and cotton balls. After you finished bathing the cat. Rinsed or squeezed all the excess water and always try to put dry as much as possible.
Ragdoll cat eats more than the average cat. The diet contains dry food, water and if you choose cat wet food (canned) once in a day, which your cat will love. Adults over 12 months’ ragdoll cat need 210-gram food per day.
Read also: 5 Things That Need To Be Taken Care in Summer. What Do You Need To Know About Aggressive dog ? How to care Maltese dog. How to care of a German Shepherd. Labrador Retriever care and breed information.